So, I got a blog award. I must say when I started this little journey I wasn't aspiring to anything and certainly not looking to be acknowledged by an award. Hell, I didnt even know they had awards. Writing is a release of sorts for me. It was going to be a place I could write what I felt about anything and everything. A mishmash with no real purpose. Anonymous and free. Not so anonymous anymore but still free. It works for me.
I’m not sure I expected anyone to ever follow this blog much less comment on a regular basis. I’m not so sure I’d follow me if I weren’t me. I don’t think I’m that interesting quite honestly. It has got to be the boys that keeps y’all coming back. =)
I am grateful.
Greatful for everytime you stop by.
For every link to your blogroll.
For every comment.
My blog is much more important to me now. Much more than when I started. You all helped make that happen. Thank you!
My taste in blogs does fluctuate a bit, but I think I’ve found what I truly like. I like funny, I like informational, I like medical, I like political. There are some I keep going back to and can’t wait till they post. Those are the blogs I love!
So here’s my award. Given to me by Angelia at Living, Loving, Laughing. She’s an amazing person who I enjoy on a daily basis. She is funny, sunny and full of life. Thank you dear for my first blog award. You made my day, week, month even!!!
The rules are to pass on to 15 people/blogs that you like. I’ve been reading a lot of blogs for a long time now or at least in my bloglife timespan and these are in no particular order really. Well maybe, but you’ll never know for sure so stop over analyzing it.
1. Mrs Bunkers Chainsaw Emporium - I found Edith through another blog I started reading a long, long time ago and it was love at first sight. Probably one of the few that I’ve gone back to the beginning and read Every.Single.Post. She is that good. She is funny, sarcastic and witty as shit!! And she finds time to blog while juggling a crazy ass hoarding husband, two young kids and being a world class doctah!! Gosh she makes me proud!!!
2. A Gia’s Life! – Love, love, love me some Gia! We’ve even met when she came down here to Flo-rida for a visit with her daughter. She’s got a fabu blog about life and her adventures. It’s a fun read but she’ll bring you back down to earth with a post about something important and/or reminding us to help out with the troops which we all need every once in awhile. She’s very nurturing but I can count on her for a swift kick in the ass when I need it! Thank you Gia!
3. Report on Conditions – Capt Joe Schmoe is one of my buddies. He may not consider me a buddy but that’s ok lol!! He is a fabulous human being who happens to be a Capt in the Fire Dept and he saves lives & property and does it with a heaping dose of compassion. His blog is well written and it’s getting bigger by the day. I’ve been there since very near the beginning! ::big cheesy grin:: You should read him. Its worth the trip over there. Plus he wears a uniform, rides in a huge red truck for work and he probably smells good so what are you waiting for????
4. Nobody Asked Me – Old NFO has one of my favorite reads. He holds a special place in my heart because he’s a Retired Navy Pilot, P-3's to be exact. He’s old school and tells a great story, has a fabulous sense of humor and he’s a staunch Republican that believes in our country. I like that. A lot!! Thanks for tolerating a Navy moms questions now and again. =)
5. Booshy – Jessica Bold is one crazy ass, hella talented writer. She never, ever fails to make me laugh. Her blog is one of my must on a daily basis. Because she writes daily! And good quality stuffs. Plus she’s an ex-college athlete which makes her even more badass. She’s got basketball stats that will put other peoples stats to shame. Oh, she has some super cute fur-kids as well.
6. Rescuing Providence – Michael is a great blogger who has brought the street world of Paramedicine right to our computer screens. He’s a published author too! I found him awhile ago and go back on a regular basis. He really draws you in. Strong & compassionate is how I think of him when he works. His stories bring me right back to the feelings I had when I was working at the only job I ever loved. Being a Paramedic. Thank you Michael.
7. In A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World – USA Admiral’s blog is truly special and I've been reading him for quite some time as well. He keeps me abreast of the political doings of the third reich, umm I mean the current administration. I enjoy his concise reporting and I value his opinion on these matters. And he's in Florida, so he's my homeboy. =)
8. Bloviating Zeppelin - I've been reading BZ for some time now. I dont comment much if at all but his stalker tracker obviously knows I've been there. =) Smart as hell and very politically savy. He's doing his part to help me know how to do my part to save our country. LOVE him. Shhhhhhh, dont tell him I said that.
9. Verbal Incontinence - Sisu is an amazing woman, raising two boys on her own due to circumstances beyond her control. She's an amazing woman with a keen, quirky sense of humor. She hasnt been around all that much lately and I hope all is well.
These next few blogs are newer to me but I'm hooked and I like it!
10. The Chronicle of Linnnnnn - Linnnnn is a fantastic writer that really has some talent. She draws me in like no other. Another florida mom who keeps me laughing.
11. The Adventures Of Being A Dick - This dude Mepsipax just plain cracks.my.shit.up. I pee a little every time I visit his blog cause he does not hold back and he's truly a dick. Talented little fuhker. Go read it and tell me you dont laugh.
12. Ann T. Hathaway - Ann T. is just one of those people you run into in life that you say to yourself, "How the fuck did they get so smart and where the hell do they store all the information in that head???" This woman awes me. I just started commenting on her blog even though I'm terrified to do so most of the time out of fear of looking the fool. I'm getting better at it though. She makes me smarter. And thats a good thing.
These last blogs I read regularly but don’t comment on so I’m sure they have absolutely no clue who I am. BUT they are awesome just the same.
13. Instapinch – Pinch is another retired Naval Officer and pilot. He flew the fighter jets - F-14s Tomcats I believe which are just a mind blower to me quite honestly. He tells a good story and satisfies my need for the coolest pictures ever of Tomcats and other Navy fighter planes. He seems like a really nice guy too.
14. Neptunus Lex – Lex provides me tons of info on the goings on of the Navy, the military and the world in general. He's another retired Naval Officer and Navy fighter pilot (F-18 Hornet and others) and was a Top Gun instructer. It doesnt get much cooler than that. Worth a look and another nice guy.
15. M.D.O.D. - 911Doc has been around the block a time or two. I agree with his political leanings and love reading about his ER escapades. Although he has left the ER for the private Urgent Care sector recently. He has multiple docs that team blog over there too. Good stuff.
Well thats it. I think I covered all the bases. Go visit some of these blogs if you have never gone there off my blogroll. You'll be glad you did.
Have fun with your awards and dont be shy, post them proudly!!