Sunday, May 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Trent




Trent Reznor who is NIN (Nine Inch Nails) turns 44 today. That gives me hope! He's a year older than me and still cool. I remember the first time I heard him. My sis and I were on a road trip down to Ft. Lauderdale from Hilton Head and she put a cassette in. I knew she liked weird music so I was like, "I'm not listening to any of your weird shit all the way to South Florida". She said dont worry, just try it, you'll like this one. Low and behold, I was hooked! We listened to that tape all the way through from beginning to end....Pretty Hate Machine is still one of my all time favorite albums. I must admit, she's introduced me to a lot of great music through the years and now I anxiously await the newest morsal she's found!

I love that I in turn introduced my kid to the crazyness that is NIN. I can remember her way back in 1990 still in a carseat swayin to the beat of Head Like A Hole. lmao. She is cool today because mommy was cool then. Thats my story and I'm stickin to it!

I remember way back in the fall of 2005 when my daughter and I had tickets to his With Teeth tour. FINALLY we were gonna see this man. Hear all the great songs we loved so much and knew every word to. But alas, a stupid hurricane came and blew the thought of any concert to smithereens. We were both pissed, bitter women for awhile after that loss. >=(

I caught a lot of smack for liking NIN when my kid was younger, those other soccer moms couldnt understand how I could listen to such music, much less LET my kid listen to it. Didnt I know he cursed on his cd's and did horrible things in his music videos?? pffft. Please. She's no worse for wear because of it.

He's definately aged well. He is a HoTT MeSS nowadays! Happy Birthday Trent! Muah! And thanks for the music.

No comments: