Friday, November 13, 2009

Oasis of the Seas

At 7:50 this morning I'm sitting at my desk, gazing out the window, drinking my coffee and wishing this slightly fuzzy headache would go away. As I'm blindly gazing my view focuses on the most ginormous thing I've seen in a LONG time. I'd forgotten that this ship was coming into port today. Had I remembered I would have gone down to the inlet and watched it arrive. I plan to go down to the port this afternoon to check it out in person.

Royal Carribeans Oasis of the Seas is the worlds Largest Cruise Ship to date. Just to give you some perspective.....my office is on the 7th floor about 5 miles from the approximate location of the ship. These pics were also taken with an iPhone so sorry for the quality.





From our local news station this morning:


I found these online...
The Atrium. OMFG!


The Aqua Stadium.


And on a side note...we're having a small soiree this weekend on Sunday afternoon with about 50 of our friends, so if your in town please come!!! My email is over there to the right, send me a message and I'll send you the address. ;) BBQ, Booze, Good Peeps, Muzic and its supposed to be in the low 80's. =)

Have a great weekend all!

7 comments:

Linnnn said...

That damn boat looks like an alien mothership! I was born in Ft. Lauderdale and remember the parade of ships putting along on the horizon bound for Port Everglades, and that one just seems abnormal. As deep as that port is, I bet it bumped its keel along the bottom.

Party on this weekend!

Angelia Sims said...

Man! I thought the last cruise ship I was on was big.....gawd.

This belongs in Texas, just sayin'

Hope you had a GREAT soiree!!

Trooper Thorn said...

Of course they did not arm it to fight pirates or terrorists, so we can just say goodbye now.

Unknown said...

@Linn, I went and saw it. Its OMG-GINORMOUS. Stooopid big. I'm not so sure I'd go on it....kinda gives me the Titanic vibe. =0

@Angelia, ur right, it belongs in Texas!! Soiree was really good, you shoulda came!!

@Trooper Thorn,
1st: where have YOU been hiding! ;) lol

2nd: That woulda been totally hot if they had gun turrets on there.

Anonymous said...

I actually watched the news broadcast as it was coming into port...too funny!

(you've like, totally disappeared! I'm sad. I miss my snoball :) )

Unknown said...

Awwww Jessica, I'm sorry, I have a plethora of excuses, all good too!!

I just moved and still dont have internet access at home. I cant do comments on blogs from my iPhone for some reason and I've been busy at work so I've only been checking blogs sporatically. Please forgive your favorite Snoball!!! =)

Edith Bunker said...

Apparently I'm not the only blog slacker in this little club...sleep it off sista!